Obtain a Library Card
What you need to bring to get a Ferguson Library card
- Driver's license with current address
- Car registration with current address
- Current receipt with address, i.e. rent, tax, utility bill (no emergency room bills)
- Lease with current address
- City of Stamford golf permit
- State ID with current address (issued by the DMV, no PO Box # as primary address).
- Connecticut residents who do not live in Stamford but wish to borrow materials from
The Ferguson Library must have a hometown, unexpired library card, as well as current matching ID
- For out of state residents, please ask at the Circulation Desk for guidelines
- Library cards are not transferable. Only the person whose name appears on the card may use it.
Please report lost cards immediately. Replacement is $1 for adults; 50 cents for children. You are responsible for all materials borrowed on your library card.
Please report any change of address.
Children/Teens (18 & under):
- High school students must show report card with current address or driver's license.
- Children must be able to write their own name and also must be present in the library when applying. Best if accompanied by parent or guardian.
How to change information on your library card
Come into any library location with proper identification and the information that needs to be updated.
Print Out An Application
For your convenience you may print and fill out the application in advance (application is in PDF). Please bring the completed application along with the required documents listed above to the library when applying for a library card.
Ferguson Library Card Application
Application in English
Imprima Aplicación en Español / Spanish
Demande de carte de bibliothèque / French
Бланк для получения библиотечной карточки / Russian
圖書館卡申請表 / Chinese
الحصول على بطاقة المكتب /Obtain a Library Card