The Ferguson Library Special Needs Center
Serving the information and access needs of Stamford families who have children with disabilities.
YOUTH SERVICES, FIRST FLOOR AT THE FERGUSON LIBRARY
Saturday 10–5 and Sunday 1–5
Resources of The Ferguson Library’s Special Needs Center
- Easy to understand informational books for parents (some in Spanish)
- Specialized magazines
- DVDs on disability-related topics
- Product catalogs
- Notices of nearby events and conferences
- Braille children’s books
- Specialized software to use at home
- Workstation with adaptive hardware and programs like Zoom Text (magnifier),Word Q (word prediction), Picture This (picture schedule maker) and more
- Merlin text enlarger for in-library use
- Special Needs Center brochures on Autism
and Sensory Processing Disorder
- Sensory Storytime preschool program
- Learning Kits to Go on helpful topics. Other useful resources are located throughout the Youth Services Department. Just ask our librarians.
View Special Needs Center Bookmark
Sensory Storytime program flyer coming soon!