Current Size: 100%
The Ferguson Library is eager to make its resources accessible to teachers and their students. In order to facilitate this process, we make available an "Assignment Alert" form, which can be submitted online. This advance notice allows the children's librarians to set aside materials, enabling all of your students equal access to public library resources. Assignment Alert forms are distributed to the schools in the fall or you can access the online form below. Assignment Alert Form
The Ferguson Library Tips for Teachers
We look forward to working with you. Here are some suggestions to make our collaboration successful:
- Get to know the librarians at the Ferguson Library and visit the library to familiarize yourself with its resources.
- Assign research on an author, rather than one particular book by that author.
- As you are developing assignments, consult one of our Youth Services Librarians to see what resources we have available.
- Advise students to write down assignments and bring their notes with them to the Library.
- Use book lists developed by the Library to make the widest variety available to your students.
- Allow your students to use encyclopedias. The Ferguson Library has many special and general encyclopedias. At times, they will be the only sources of information for an assignment
- Encourage your students to use electronic resources at the library to research current topics.
- To preserve our resources, set a clear "no cut-out" policy and encourage students to draw their own maps and illustrations for reports.
- Please call 351-8242 with any questions.