View Map & Get Directions
The Main Library is located in the heart of downtown Stamford in a 1909 building that recently underwent a top-to-bottom renovation. The collections in this facility are extensive and serve as the backbone of the whole system.
The Main Library’s third floor computer lab provides self paced programs for English language learners as well as regular computer and Internet training classes. The third floor auditorium is a regular venue for films, author visits and other programs, and features regular art exhibits curated by the Stamford Art Association.
The Friends of Ferguson operates an award-winning used book shop on the first floor of the Library, next to Starbucks. The door between Starbucks and the book shop is always open during Library hours.
The Library’s main passport acceptance facility is located on the lower level of the Main Library. Find out more information about Passport services.